Video file creation while running Coded UI Tests RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I want to create video file, while running Coded UI script. We are using VS 2015. We can create video by using .testsetting and MSTest but it is very slow. I don't want any performance impact. Is there any other way to create video file while running VS 2015 Coded UI tests.

Regards,

Raajendar..

Thursday, January 12, 2017 4:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Raajendar,

Currently, adding .testsetting file is the only way that we could output a video file of record coded UI test.

I created a coded UI test demo in my side, I found out no matter if I use testsetting file or not, the both elapsed time is 6s (of course, my demo is simple, without many actions included). You might also compare the time in your side.

In addition, you could try to change the parameters of screen recording quality, the default set is like below, you may set them a bit lower.  

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Wednesday, January 18, 2017 1:58 PM
    Friday, January 13, 2017 3:36 AM