Creating a Magazine RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to do a magazine styled layout with 50-100 pages which you can do in programs like InDesign, Publisher, or PageMaker. 

I can't figure out how to add pages, connect text, or where to find features such as headers/footers in this program.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thank you! 
    Sunday, April 20, 2008 1:56 AM

All replies

• Expression Web isn't a desktop publishing program (you message suggests that you think it is...).  Are you wanting to create a Web site or print publication?

To your specific questions,
    Create links with Insert > Hyperlink.   Note that Hyperlinks link web pages, or to other places in the same page (called book marks or 'anchors')

New pages are started from 'File > New Page'.    Remember you have to open a *web* to work with it - Expression Web is not designed to work with individual pages outside the context of the 'web'.

There are various ways to add headers and footers to your web pages, such as Dynamic Web Templates which are for designing a web site where pages have common content, including but not limited to Headers and Footers.

Andrew M
    Sunday, April 20, 2008 3:02 AM
  • Oops.....thought this question was about "Expression Web" not "Expression Design". ....My answer therefore doesn't apply.
    Andrew M
    Sunday, April 20, 2008 3:06 AM
  • Hey Heather,

these kind of things don't exist in Expression Design, especially on the text side as its pretty basic.
    steve
    Sunday, April 20, 2008 7:57 AM
  • You can drawn rectangles that represent your columns on your artboard, then select the column and the text you've already got written out at the same time and from the Object menu click Text on Path, Attach Area Text. This will wrap the text inside the column that you've selected. The column outline can be set to no stroke or hidden. Otherwise, Barkest is right, Designs text features are a bit limited for now.

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Expression Support
    Wednesday, April 23, 2008 3:42 PM