Get data from API and send to DB RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I use Anaconda Sypder to write python codes. Using python, I can get data from API ( Like weather) and then send the data to SQL server.

I would like to do this on Azure and need help from Azure experts :

1) What are the different ways I can do it on Azure? I see there is logic app, streaming jobs , azure functions.

2) What would be the cheapest and easiest way to do it there?

3) I would like the data to be obtained from API every hour. So from cost and best practise point of view, what do you recommend? 

Thanks

<iframe class="ginger-extension-definitionpopup" src="chrome-extension://kdfieneakcjfaiglcfcgkidlkmlijjnh/content/popups/definitionPopup/index.html?title=from&description=a%20giver%20or%20sender" style="left:372.5px;top:49px;z-index:100001;display:none;"></iframe>
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 4:31 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

The ideal service for your use case is Azure Data Factory. You can set up a pipeline and have a copy activity in it to copy the data. ADF supports REST API and SQL server connections. Once you have the pipeline set up, you can then set up a tumbling window trigger to execute the pipeline you created.

Hope this answers your questions.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Hi there,

Just wanted to check - was the above suggestion helpful to you? If yes, please consider upvoting and/or marking it as answer. This would help other community members reading this thread.
    Friday, December 13, 2019 9:35 AM
  • Hi there,

We haven't heard from you in quite some time - was the above suggestion helpful to you? If yes, please consider upvoting and/or marking it as answer. This would help other community members reading this thread.
    Friday, December 20, 2019 9:16 AM