none
Can Kinect catch a person's movement if it is doing motion of yoga? RRS feed

Answers

• I'm not sure if that will work reliably across all yoga poses. Probably not 100%, since skeletal tracking is more thoroughly tested for more "everyday" movements. If you do test kinect skeletal tracking for your application and verify that results aren't accurate enough for your needs, you can still try to do your own domain-specific skeletal tracking based on the depth stream provided by Kinect SDK. I know it's more work than just using the joints provided more conveniently by SDK, but at least it's an available option.

Hope this helps,
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 2:32 AM

All replies

• am new but iwa sreading this so it may help :-)

http://channel9.msdn.com/coding4fun/kinect/Can-the-Kinect-know-what-you-are-doing

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:34 AM
  • I'm not sure if that will work reliably across all yoga poses. Probably not 100%, since skeletal tracking is more thoroughly tested for more "everyday" movements. If you do test kinect skeletal tracking for your application and verify that results aren't accurate enough for your needs, you can still try to do your own domain-specific skeletal tracking based on the depth stream provided by Kinect SDK. I know it's more work than just using the joints provided more conveniently by SDK, but at least it's an available option.

Hope this helps,
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 2:32 AM
  • Thank you Eddy! I will try to use information of death stream.

And thank you geekette86! It is a very good reference for me. :)

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 2:45 AM