Quote request to multiple suppliers then responses listed on secure web page RRS feed

• Question

• User-451153076 posted

Hi, I'm looking to create a website where customers seeking a quote can complete a form, the data from which would be sent to multiple suppliers in order to quote. However, rather than respond to the customer direct, I would like the quotes to appear as a list on a secure web page which the customer can review by logging into. They can then decide which quote to choose.
    Any advice on how to achieve this would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Tuesday, September 1, 2020 4:06 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

There's a lot of moving parts and unknowns in your question.  What exactly do you help with?   What are you currently stuck on? 

Tuesday, September 1, 2020 4:58 PM
  • User-451153076 posted

Hi
    I'm new to ASP.NET (my background is front end) so looking for general guidance as to where/how to start.
    I have the idea, now I just need to get the ball rolling!

Will ASP.NET do what I'd like in my original post, or should I be looking at another solution? Sorry if I'm being vague.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 1, 2020 6:31 PM
  • User409696431 posted

Start by expanding the details of your requirements.  One example:

Create a form for quote that includes user-identifying information associated with their login and a unique quote request number. Store that quote request information in a database, including the user-identifying information and the quote request number.

Email the form contents to the suppliers.

Instruct the suppliers to log into a page where they put their quote, and associate it with the quote request number.  Given the quote request number you can display the details of the quote request, for reference, on that form if you like.  Store the quotes in the database.

Set conditions (time passed, quotes received) to trigger email the the user to log into a page displaying their quote request(s) and supplier responses.  Pull the details of their quote request and the responses to that quote from the suppliers from the database.  Give the user the option to select a quote - store that selection in the database and either send email to the supplier with the user's response, and/or give suppliers a page to log into to see all their quotes and user responses.

Once you have the details of your requirements sorted out, write the code.  You will need to enable logins and design a database.

Tuesday, September 1, 2020 7:03 PM
  • User-451153076 posted

KathyW

I couldn't have explained it better myself, thanks! You can see I need to research this further and it looks like I'll need a developer, but I'm keen to expand my knowledge so will review the 'Learn' section of this site.
    At least I now have a starting point which I didn't previously have.

Many thanks.

Tuesday, September 1, 2020 7:24 PM