none
VS C++ compiler treating differently as errors when they are good for non VS C++

Question

• Dear VS developer, it is desirable to look into any problem presented here and assist the questionnaire rather than passing the buck to "Oh this is C++ and pass the question to them" while VS itself has C++ as program language. Even if it is pure C++ problem, suggesting a solution or guide, will make the forum more receptive to migrate the work to Microsoft platform, feeling that good support is provided by MS. Recently 2 people passed the question simply to so called "c++" department. And they have every right, look this c++ is related to VS function, and pass back to VS like a pinpong.

So, please help to make the matter resolved as much as possible within VS.   I am one of the one who wants to make this VS work for me and buy the enterprise system VS.   How many out there like me?   Is it not for this purpose the FORUM exists?

My problem is now to find if this question as listed below can be solved or guided to find the solution!

Thanking you in advance!!    cbo

Code accepted by C++ but VS C++ generates errors:

944     my_bool my_net_init(NET *net, MYSQL_VIO vio);

945     void my_net_local_init(NET *net);

946     void net_end(NET *net);

947     void net_clear(NET *net, my_bool check_buffer);

948     void net_claim_memory_ownership(NET *net);

949    my_bool net_realloc(NET *net, size_t length);

950    my_bool net_flush(NET *net);

951    my_bool my_net_write(NET *net, const unsigned char *packet, size_t len);

952    my_bool net_write_command(NET *net, unsigned char command,

953                            const unsigned char *header, size_t head_len,

954                            const unsigned char *packet, size_t len);

955    my_bool net_write_packet(NET *net, const unsigned char *packet, size_t length);

956   unsigned long my_net_read(NET *net);

list of error related to the above script

>c:\users\chanb\documents\programming\common code\mysql_com.h(943): warning C4081: expected 'newline'; found ';'

1>c:\users\chanb\documents\programming\common code\mysql_com.h(944): error C2146: syntax error: missing ';' before identifier 'my_net_init'

1>c:\users\chanb\documents\programming\common code\mysql_com.h(947): error C2061: syntax error: identifier 'my_bool'

1>c:\users\chanb\documents\programming\common code\mysql_com.h(949): error C2086: 'int my_bool': redefinition

1>  c:\users\chanb\documents\programming\common code\mysql_com.h(944): note: see declaration of 'my_bool'

1>c:\users\chanb\documents\programming\common code\mysql_com.h(949): error C2146: syntax error: missing ';' before identifier 'net_realloc'

1>c:\users\chanb\documents\programming\common code\mysql_com.h(950): error C2086: 'int my_bool': redefinition

1>  c:\users\chanb\documents\programming\common code\mysql_com.h(944): note: see declaration of 'my_bool'

1>c:\users\chanb\documents\programming\common code\mysql_com.h(950): error C2146: syntax error: missing ';' before identifier 'net_flush'

1>c:\users\chanb\documents\programming\common code\mysql_com.h(951): error C2086: 'int my_bool': redefinition

1>c:\users\chanb\documents\programming\common code\mysql_com.h(951): error C2146: syntax error: missing ';' before identifier 'my_net_write'

1>c:\users\chanb\documents\programming\common code\mysql_com.h(952): error C2086: 'int my_bool': redefinition

1>c:\users\chanb\documents\programming\common code\mysql_com.h(952): error C2146: syntax error: missing ';' before identifier 'net_write_command'

1>c:\users\chanb\documents\programming\common code\mysql_com.h(955): error C2086: 'int my_bool': redefinition

1>c:\users\chanb\documents\programming\common code\mysql_com.h(955): error C2146: syntax error: missing ';' before identifier 'net_write_pac

cbo

Thursday, January 19, 2017 1:24 PM

Answers

• Hi friend,

I totally understand your feeling. But MSDN forum has its own policy.

My coworker who supports C++ forum has already confirmed this issue, and they are willing to accept it and give you a more professional answer.

I will definitely respect your choice, if your prefer them come to this forum, they will. But it's better to let the case threads stay in their corresponding forums due to MSDN forum policy.

Anyway I will try my best to help you with this. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation:)

Sincerely,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by poosung Friday, January 20, 2017 1:25 PM
    Friday, January 20, 2017 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hi friend,

I totally understand your feeling. But MSDN forum has its own policy.

My coworker who supports C++ forum has already confirmed this issue, and they are willing to accept it and give you a more professional answer.

I will definitely respect your choice, if your prefer them come to this forum, they will. But it's better to let the case threads stay in their corresponding forums due to MSDN forum policy.

Anyway I will try my best to help you with this. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation:)

Sincerely,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by poosung Friday, January 20, 2017 1:25 PM
    Friday, January 20, 2017 9:48 AM
  • Dear Mr. Zhou,

my sincere apology for my negative comments on the great support MSDN Forum professionals like you have

provided me with.   In fact, the codes which caused VS C++ problem can be those of the MySQL people who wrote

this header.    Once again, I beg your MSDN Forum profession to pardon me.

Wishing you to have a wonderful weekend!!

Chan B Oh

cbo

Friday, January 20, 2017 1:25 PM