none
Everything 64 bit but Visual Studio still shows Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 not registered error RRS feed

• Question

• Setup:

Windows 7 64 bit

Office 2010 Professional + 64 bit

Visual Studio 2010 Professional

Using Connection string "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;DataSource=c:\testdb.accb;" I get the ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine error.

The provider/driver is working fine within Office 2010, I can link to the database from inside Excel and the connection properties shows Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\TestDB.accdb;Mode=Share Deny Write;Extended Properties="";Jet OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=6;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=0;Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet OLEDB:New Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False;Jet OLEDB:Support Complex Data=False;Jet OLEDB:Bypass UserInfo Validation=False

I have been Googling  this for the last 48 hours and can get nowhere, most of the solutions out there are based on the problem arising when trying to connect to Office 2007 or Office 2010 32 bit, but everything on my system is 64 bit. Even though I thought none of them relevant, I did try the usual recommended solutions of installing AccessDatabaseEngine_x64 and setting my VS project build to x86 instead of Any CPU but none of it made any difference.

Anyone know how I can resolve this?

Saturday, March 10, 2012 11:33 AM

Answers

All replies