none
Discovering Bluetooth 4.0 CSR dongle on windows ce via ios apps. RRS feed

• Question

•  I am using a bluetooth 4.0 csr dongle with dual mode on a windows ce 6.0 device. I am able to detect the bluetooth from my laptop or android phone. However it is not discoverable by an ios app. How can I make it discoverable by software i.e an ios app? Is there any further implementation needed in the win ce image file to allow discovery of the bluetooth dongle by ios apps ? Or is it something to do with configuring the bluetooth? 

I am using BLE scanner apps like Light Blue explorer on ios. Also the blutooth dongle has BLE feature.

Thank you

Friday, July 15, 2016 12:30 PM

All replies

• Hi lateapp,

This, "How can I make it discoverable by software i.e an ios app?", is a question for iOS.  As all other Operating Systems are recognizing the device, it is unlikely to be an issue on the CE side.  I recommend you reach out to iOS support and ask them about their Bluetooth settings.

Sincerely

Friday, July 15, 2016 7:26 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I am sorry on missing on a few points.

So I am planning to use the csr BLT dongle on a windows ce device. As of now, I can use the dongle on windows ce device and run btpair.exe to discover other BLT devices around. I have BLT usb support on windows ce.

But I also want the ios app (LightBlue app) to discover this BLT dongle. I believe this app is a BLE scanner app.

So the question is there any other implementation required on windows ce apart from the USB BLT support that I already have on windows ce image ? any support for BLE ? Or is it to do with the configuration of the dongle !

Thank you

Monday, July 25, 2016 3:16 PM
  • Hi lateapp,

You state, "I am able to detect the bluetooth from my laptop or android phone. However it is not discoverable by an ios app" This means that the CE side is working and that the iOS side is not. iOS is not a Microsoft product so you will have to reach out to whomever provided you your device for support on configuring Bluetooth settings on that device.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, July 25, 2016 5:02 PM
  • So you are asking if Windows CE supports BLE? No. AFAIK, You need to develop a BT stack extension layer code for supporting BLE. How to develop BT stack extension?

This link says that they have developed the support for BLE on WEC2013.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 6:02 AM