none
WSS 3.0Sp2 WSS3 Fantastic 40 Templates Lending Library installation failed. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have used WSS3 Fantastic 40 Templatesfor Wss 3.0  (Lending Library )  installed it,this worked fine.. but after that I upgarde the Server from TFS 2008 to  TFS 2010 and installed Fresh Wss 3.0, before this I have taken back of all DBs Backup, Specially  STS_contant DB which is SP DB..

After sucessull Installation

When I click on Lending Library  : it throws me  below error

Feature '75a0fea7-5dd8-40af-b960-12af3053f5ec' for list template '1009' is not installed in this farm.  The operation could not be completed.  

<!-- #RENDER FAILED -->

Again I  tried to installed usign STSadmin  command :

It  says :

A solution with the same name "lendinglibrary.wsp" or id "1a76aee6-bad7-4934-b8
    d7-5cc4d933db21" already exists in the solution store.
    C:\Sptemp\LendingLibrary.wsp: The Solution installation failed.

Can some please help me  out.

Regards

Shiva

shivakumarmv

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

EXecute STSADM retractsolution on lendinglibrary.wsp and then use STSADM deploysolution.

I hope this will help you out

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Shiva,

I am assuming the nstallation failed due to the Lending Libary is attempting to install to the 12 hibe and with SP2010 you would need to use the 14 hive. Import the WSP into VS2010, build then Publis and you may be able to use the new solution. Also, the way we typically have moved the FAB40 templates is to create the lending library in SP2007, create a lending library, upgrade the ContentDB, then save the Lendiung Library as a template and us this template in the WebApp whee it is needed.

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:35 PM
  • Hi Ivan,

I have just  upgrade TFS 2008  to 2010... I did not upgrade my Sharepoint WSS 3.0  to SP2010.  WSS 3.0 is fresh installaion on this  but restored old STC_Content DB....

I am  trying to  get the broken links up.

Pls comment

Regards

shiva

shivakumarmv

Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:23 AM
  • Hi,

EXecute STSADM retractsolution on lendinglibrary.wsp and then use STSADM deploysolution.

I hope this will help you out

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:10 AM