SketchFlow: HOW TO switch back/forth between sketch control styles and formal styles RRS feed

• Question

• I've just started to play with the Blend / SketchFlow RC.  I would like to create a WPF sketchflow and be able to switch back and forth between the sketch style and the formal control style.  When I look at my Blend IDE Assets for a WPF sketchflow app, I have a Styles/SketchStyles, but no other styles at this level.

If someone can describe how easily switch my UI styles for the entire app, I would grealy appreciate it.  

thx,
    bob
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 7:45 PM

Answers

• No, it is not possible in a single step right now.

For now, the only option is to reset (or set to a different style) all of the various Sketch styles. The process is very manual in nature, so it is possible that someone could write a small utility that automates this.

Thanks,
    Unni
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by bob.deremer Monday, July 20, 2009 12:53 PM
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 7:13 PM

All replies

• I believe you can select a control and then reset the style in the Properties pane.  I'm not sure if you can switch back to the SketchFlow easily, though.  I just put in a post to a similar question.

It would be nice to switch back and forth throughout the development cycle.  I would like to see a full walkthrough on how to do so with both the regular out-of-box styles and using the WPF theme ( ExpressionDark, Twilight Blue, etc ) styles.

Seems like there would be a master switch to perform this function.

Thanks
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 7:49 PM
  • Hi,

please go through the following link http://www.beautifulmind.blog.co.in/ i hope this will help you :)
    Prasad - www.beautifulmind.blog.co.in
    Microsoft MVP
    • Proposed as answer by prasad22 Friday, July 17, 2009 6:33 PM
    Friday, July 17, 2009 6:33 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestions, but I am looking for a way to change all UI Element styles in the entire prototype application (i.e. all screens) from SKETCH to FORMAL or vice-versa - in 1 step.  Is this possible?

thx
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 12:56 PM
  • No, it is not possible in a single step right now.

For now, the only option is to reset (or set to a different style) all of the various Sketch styles. The process is very manual in nature, so it is possible that someone could write a small utility that automates this.

Thanks,
    Unni
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by bob.deremer Monday, July 20, 2009 12:53 PM
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 7:13 PM
  • Darn!

You can't simply switch between the styles? What the hack? I put so much work into sketching. Now I have to change each and every single item? I'm on Blend 4. Ain't there an option to simply transform my application? 

Monday, December 13, 2010 10:17 AM
  • No, unfortunately not.

Monday, December 13, 2010 2:19 PM
  • OK; now it's 2012 and I now have Blend 5 aka Blend Preview for Silverlight 5. Can we do this now? Thanks.

Francois Mongeau

Friday, May 4, 2012 7:57 PM
  • FM -

How is Blend 5?

A lot of bugs?

Worth getting?

thx

LB

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 1:53 PM
  • Ehm ... I'm not exactly sure if that's what you want but when I go to my App.xaml file of my Blend/Sketchflow project and remove the SketchStyles.xaml entry in the ResourceDictionary-Section then my application is using the standard theme.

<Application
    	xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
    	xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
    	x:Class="SplittingRectangleProto.App">
    	<Application.Resources>
    		<!-- Ressourcen, deren Bereich auf der Anwendungsebene sollten hier definiert werden.-->
            <ResourceDictionary> 
            	<ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
            		<!--<ResourceDictionary Source="/SplittingRectangleProto.Screens;component/SketchStyles.xaml"/>-->
            	</ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
            </ResourceDictionary>
    	</Application.Resources>
    </Application>

Of course this doesn't remove the SketchflowPlayer but I'm not sure if you need to remove it for your purpose. Another option would be to convert your whole project to a production project as described here but this cannot be done in one step.

Friday, October 12, 2012 7:51 AM