[Newby question] how do i make it work RRS feed

• Question

• so this MRDS is really interesting and readinga a couple of books (by the way Trevor i belive your book is amazing and so helpfull) i have a roboto lego NXT i just buy it specially for try outs but how does this works, my question is what i have to do so de code i program i can try it on my lego NXT, and so i can control my lego from my computer, to do this rigth y try it with a tutorial its strong chance that my program is wrogn but i cant get anything please dondt tell me y buy my lego just for nothing, 
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:11 AM

Answers

• There is a section in our book about setting up Bluetooth. However, to do this you will need a Bluetooth adapter on your computer. If you have a laptop, then it probably has built-in Bluetooth. If you have a desktop PC, then you will need a USB to Bluetooth adapter. There are many of these on the market, but unfortunately they are not all the same. LEGO has some suggestions on their web site. I have a Linksys adapter at work, but I use a different one at home (can't remember the brand but it is in the book).

The first step is to "pair" with the LEGO NXT brick. Until you have done that, you can't do anything. When you set up the pairing it will create a virtual COM port. You need to make a note of the Outgoing port number. Then you have to edit the LEGO brick config file in samples\config and insert the correct port number. This should allow you to run the tutorials.

No, you did not buy the LEGO NXT for nothing :-)  It definitely works with RDS.

Trevor
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 1:19 AM