none
Customising format of Data View on Page Layout in Sharepoint 2013 Online RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to customise the display format of a Data View webpart on a Page Layout with SharePoint Designer 2013.

Previously in SharePoint Designer 2010 I could either add a Data View of a specific list or add an Empty Data View onto the Page Layout then add a data source and drag and drop the fields I wanted to display onto the Design view. Then in the table layout within the xsl code I could modify cell formatting and text formatting etc very easily.

Now in Designer 2013 I have created an aspx Page Layout but am struggling with the Data Views. When I add an empty Data View and Data Source onto the page I do not seem to be able to choose which fields to display and if I add a complete list from the Data View drop down and select Customise XSLT I cannot find any table layout to modify to my needs.

How do I go about modifying the layout and formatting of a Data View webpart in 2013 or is there a better, customisable way of displaying data from a list on a page?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From the description, I know that you want to insert the selected fields in SharePoint Designer 2013. Follow the steps below:
    1. Create a new aspx page.
    2. Click View tab, click Task panes > Data Source Details.
    3. Click Insert tab, click Data View button drop down Empty Data View.
    4. Put the mouse cursor behind <DataSources>.
    5. Click Insert tab and click Data Source button, choose your list.
    6. and then, you can choose which fields you want to add in the right panel.

Thanks.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Adam End Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:53 AM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 9:41 AM