Mirroring database went into (mirror, Disconnected/In Recovery) status. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

In my environment, We are having SQL Server 2012 CU3 ENT Edition and have configured mirroring without witness server. Everyday during 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM AEST period in mirror server database goes in to (mirror, Disconnected/In Recovery) and after few minutes database automatically comes into (Mirror, Synchronized/Restoring) state. I did not understand why its happening only during that period.  

This happening in only mirror server but I could not see any error messages during that period. Could any one can help me to find out root cause for the same.

Thanks,

Nagendra

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Nagendra,

>>Everyday during 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM AEST period in mirror server database goes in to (mirror, Disconnected/In Recovery) and after few minutes database automatically comes into (Mirror, Synchronized/Restoring) state.

That message indicates somewhat your principal and mirror cannot communicate, so you should be able to find some related info from SQL Server error log, could you please locate and post them so we can have a better understanding about the issue? Also, since you mentioned this happens during a specific period, it might not be a SQL Server issue, it’s more like a side effect of some scheduled maintenance task(maybe a device reboot).

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 23, 2017 1:55 AM
  • Hi Lin,

Thanks for the updates. I will check and get back to you.

Thanks,

Nagendra Babu N

Thursday, November 23, 2017 4:19 AM
  • Hello Lin

I'n that case , when mirroring is not in sync for few seconds due to some issues, what will happen for the transactions which happened on that particular time . 

Is it will datas gets updated once again mirroring is enabled or it will not . when safety OFF 

Please Advice.

Thanks 

Ram

Thursday, February 22, 2018 5:17 AM
  • Hello Ram,

The transactions at that time will be relayed to the mirror when the connection between primary and secondary is established again.

Regards;
    Vivek Janakiraman

Thursday, February 22, 2018 6:31 AM