the memory is increasing if startpreview and stoppreview using MediaCapture and CaptureElement

Question

• Hi,

Now I develop a Camera App Metro Style. if I start preview and stop preview repeated, the memory will increasing. Also I using the sample code(Media capture using webcam sample C++), it has same phenomenon. When memory is higher, after start preview, the device is opened, but CaptureElement has no frames.

Could you help me? thanks.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:12 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I think this is the performance issue, would you please provide us more detail memory increased data?

We need the camera and its driver information also.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, March 30, 2012 3:02 AM
  • Hi Jesse,

The webcam is UVC device, so it has no driver information.

Sample Code is "Media capture using webcam sample C++"; The operation is "Start Device, Start Preview", and then repeatedly; You can see the memory is increasing through Task Manager.

Sunday, April 01, 2012 2:49 AM
  • Hello,

I think the memory increase is reasonable, we need more memory to process the video stream. But if the memory does not decreasing after we close the Preview. It will have memory leak problem.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 8:27 AM
  • Hi Jesse,

Yes, I agree with the reason of memory increasing; but at the end, the preview will failed although the device is opened.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:16 AM
  • Would you please provide us some error information about this issue?

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]

Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:02 AM