none
Microsoft Outlook Add-Ins RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , 

I need to create a ribbon/Add-In inside Create New Meeting page . Its like when i go to outlook and click on Add meeting i get a pop-up open to enter all the Meeting details . Inside that i need to create a new Add-In or a Ribbon in VSTO . I am able to create to create inside New Email pop-up . Can you please help how to create inside Meeting Pop-up ? 

Thanks,

Soumya

SOumya

Friday, July 21, 2017 8:00 PM

All replies

• Hello Soumya,

You need to choose an appropriate ribbon type. It is not clear how you customize the ribbon in Outlook. There are two ways for customizing the Fluent UI in Outlook:

1. Ribbon XML - Walkthrough: Creating a Custom Tab by Using Ribbon XML .

2. Ribbon Designer - Walkthrough: Creating a Custom Tab by Using the Ribbon Designer

If you are using the Ribbon (Visual Designer) item, click the RibbonType property of the ribbon in the Properties window, and then select one or more ribbon IDs from the list of values. In case of ribbon XML you need to check the GetCustomUI method:

public string GetCustomUI(string ribbonID)
            {
                string ribbonXML = String.Empty;

if (ribbonID == "Microsoft.Outlook.Mail.Compose")
                {
                    ribbonXML = GetResourceText("Trin_RibbonOutlookBasic.Ribbon1.xml");
                }

return ribbonXML;
            }

The ribbonID parameter determines the ribbon type. Most probably you don't return any ribbon XML for meeting items.

You can read more about the Fluent UI in the following series of articles in MSDN:

Customizing the 2007 Office Fluent Ribbon for Developers (Part 1 of 3)

Customizing the 2007 Office Fluent Ribbon for Developers (Part 2 of 3)

Customizing the 2007 Office Fluent Ribbon for Developers (Part 3 of 3)

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Saturday, July 22, 2017 3:25 PM
  • Hi Soumya,

As Eugene suggested, you need to specify the RibbonType or RibbonId when customizing the ribbon for explorer or specific inspector.

To customize the ribbon for Appointment Inspector (Meeting Pop-up, it is an appointment item), please use Microsoft.Outlook.Appointment in RibbonType or RibbonId.

Besides, you could visit Extending the User Interface in Outlook 2010 to check how to customize the ribbon and context menu for Outlook using Ribbon XML.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 24, 2017 1:46 AM
  • Thanks for your reply . I am able to solve it . I have another query . 

I need to add some text to the body of the Meeting body . I have the body in HTML format as below

string htmlBody =
                    "<html><head></head>" +
                        "<body>" +

"<span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:\"Calibri\"'>US/Canada: +120371</span><br>" +
    "<a href=\"https://meet.com/soumya.mahabaleshwarappa/sdsfsfs\">Join Skype Meeting</a>" +
                    "</body></html>"

Outlook.AppointmentItem mailItem = this.inspector.CurrentItem as Outlook.AppointmentItem;'

I dont see mailItem.htmlbody property, we have mailItem.body , but if i use this it prints the html code into the email body . How do i add this HTML content to the meeting form body ? I am developing using C#

Appreciate your quick response

Soumya

• Edited by Soumya J Monday, July 24, 2017 7:42 PM
    Monday, July 24, 2017 7:28 PM
  • The latest Outlook versions allow to set the PR_HTML property. You can try to use the PropertyAccessor object for that, or just any other third-party wrapper around Extended MAPI such as Redemption can be used.

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Monday, July 24, 2017 7:49 PM
  • Hello,

>>Thanks for your reply . I am able to solve it . I have another query . 

We are glad that you have resolved it. I suggest you share your solution here and mark it as answer or mark helpful post as answer to close the thread. For a new question, I suggest you post a new thread.

>>How do i add this HTML content to the meeting form body ? I am developing using C#

Outlook Object Model doesn't support AppointmentItem.HTMLBody. You could follow Eugene's suggestion to work with MAPI properties.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:09 AM