Outlook Problem while saving a taskitem RRS feed

• Question

• User is changing some taskitem but not able to save as message appears This item cannot be saved as it was modified by another user or in anothere window. Why this message is coming....
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:09 AM

All replies

• Because the task item is still referenced/open somewhere. Do you have any add-ins installed?
    Sebastian Brand [www.instyler.com] [blog.sebastianbrand.com]
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:15 AM
  • I checked it is not open anywhere......... This is the error i am getting while creating a add-in for 2007... No other add-ins are there..
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 11:18 AM
  • Hi All,

Can anyone tell me why i am getting the below error item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or in another window.

No other window is open and i am disposing the com objects properly as some article says this is because of com objects.

actually inside my property change event handler corresponding to a taskitem i am doing below...

if user changes say subject i get the changed value by referring the current task item and change the subject value with my stored subject value.

and save the taskitem with taskitem.Save();

but m getting exception in code "the operation could not be completed as message has been changed" and in outlook i am getting "item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or in another window displayed in Outlook window".

Wat to do? Pls tell me i wasted nearly 6 hours on this......

• Merged by Tim Li Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:15 AM duplicate post
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:35 PM
  • Hello,

One suggestion you could try, it will help you to narrow down the problem, you could use following VBA code to reach the same goal, and before you run this vba code, please start Outlook 2007 in Safe Model(hold 'ctrl' key), the code is:

Sub Test()
    Dim tsk As Outlook.TaskItem

Set tsk = Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem
    tsk.Save

End Sub

To peform the test first, double click and open the taskitem which throws exception, and run above code, the result will tell you if the error is caused by your add-in or caused by some Outlook settings.

Hope this helps, looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks.

Tim Li

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:24 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. Could you please let me know if the suggestion works for you or not? If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Tim Li

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, April 5, 2010 9:39 AM