Redirect to wml page RRS feed

• Question

• User-1731949928 posted

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me to call a ".wml" page from my asp mobile web application?

At the beginning I used "RedirectToMobilePage" method. It was ok using the MS mobile explorer, but not using the handset browser. When the ".wml" page is called from an asp one, instead of showing the page it returns "No server access" message. However I can open the page directly (using the handset) requesting its own URL address from the mobile menu...

Then I tried to use a link to this page but when I press on the link, I have "Page not found, check URL address" message.... Again if I visited the page by inserting its URL address directly in "Go to URL" field in the mobile menu, the page opens clearly.

Thanks a lot.

Sunday, July 3, 2005 6:17 AM

All replies

• User-95607119 posted

Try to use absolute URL-s. Some devices doesn't support relative URL-s.

Sunday, July 3, 2005 11:00 AM
  • User286710293 posted

please check you web.config from root direct 

<httpRuntime
                useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true"
        />

Monday, July 4, 2005 12:26 AM
  • User-1731949928 posted
    Hi all,

The URL is already absolute, and useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true" as well.

Here is my code:

Register TagPrefix="mobile" Namespace="System.Web.UI.MobileControls" Assembly="System.Web.Mobile"
    mobile:Link id="toMap" runat="server" Alignment="Center" NavigateUrl="file:///C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MobileWebApplication1\Map.wml"

Thanks.
    Monday, July 4, 2005 2:37 AM
  • User-95607119 posted
    Now I see what's your problem. Your NavigateUrl refers to file in local system. You should use there URL that refers to your site, not to your file system. That's why local emulators can show everything properly - they are running on your computer and can access your file system using usual file system paths. Devices that come over internet cannot access file this way and that's why they cannot find your map.wml.
    Monday, July 4, 2005 4:28 AM
  • User-1731949928 posted
    Thanks, I have changed the URL and it is working now.
    Monday, July 4, 2005 4:56 AM
  • User286710293 posted
    God!
    NavigateUrl=file:///C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MobileWebApplication1\Map.wml

The NavigateUrl  use absolute is Error!

Monday, July 4, 2005 5:07 AM