Driver version

Question

•  I have enumerated some devices using winRT device enumeration APIs. I want to get the driver version of drivers installed in these devices.

var devices = new List<DeviceInfo>();
                var propertiesToRetrieve = new List<string>();
                propertiesToRetrieve.Add("System.Devices.FriendlyName");
                propertiesToRetrieve.Add("System.ItemNameDisplay");
                propertiesToRetrieve.Add("System.Devices.ModelName");
                propertiesToRetrieve.Add("System.Devices.Connected");
                propertiesToRetrieve.Add("System.Devices.Manufacturer");

var pnpObjectCollection = await PnpObject.FindAllAsync(PnpObjectType.Device, propertiesToRetrieve);
                foreach (PnpObject pnpObject in pnpObjectCollection)
                {
                }

I am able to get the values of these properties. But how can I get the driver version of these devices? Which PnpObject type should I enumerate for that? Or how can I get to the driver level from this enumeration?

Also , the value 0xa8b865dd, 0x2e3d, 0x4094, 0xad, 0x97, 0xe5, 0x93, 0xa7, 0xc, 0x75, 0xd6, 3 is used to get driver version. I found in a link that the corresponding GUID-PID format of this string is "{a8b865dd2e3d4094ad97e593a7c75d6}, 3". But this does not seem to be in 8 4 4 4 12 format? Is this correct? If some one can point out some code samples of getting Driver Version it would be really helpful..

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:39 PM

All replies

• You might get better responses in the hardware forum.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:10 PM