Mapi Question RRS feed

• Question

• I had another thread on sending email email today and got alot of help form everyone on sending emails in CDO but I got the Mapi screen from MegaFox and am in love with it. I just have  a couple of questions. First, will this Mapi class work with Outlook express as well as Outlook? When I sent the email it goes to Outlook to send, whenever, is it possible to speed up this process?

Thanks again, Jim
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 3:28 AM

Answers

• Jim Hol said:

I had another thread on sending email email today and got alot of help form everyone on sending emails in CDO but I got the Mapi screen from MegaFox and am in love with it. I just have  a couple of questions. First, will this Mapi class work with Outlook express as well as Outlook? When I sent the email it goes to Outlook to send, whenever, is it possible to speed up this process?

Thanks again, Jim

MAPI works with any MAPI compliant e-mail client. Outlook, Outlook Express, Groupwise, and Eudora are all examples of MAPI compliant e-mail clients. On the other hand, Lotus CC:Mail is not.
    Marcia G. Akins
    • Marked as answer by Jim Hol Sunday, March 15, 2009 2:21 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 2:13 PM

All replies

• Jim Hol said:

I had another thread on sending email email today and got alot of help form everyone on sending emails in CDO but I got the Mapi screen from MegaFox and am in love with it. I just have  a couple of questions. First, will this Mapi class work with Outlook express as well as Outlook? When I sent the email it goes to Outlook to send, whenever, is it possible to speed up this process?

Thanks again, Jim

MAPI works with any MAPI compliant e-mail client. Outlook, Outlook Express, Groupwise, and Eudora are all examples of MAPI compliant e-mail clients. On the other hand, Lotus CC:Mail is not.
    Marcia G. Akins
    • Marked as answer by Jim Hol Sunday, March 15, 2009 2:21 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 2:13 PM
  • Thanks Marcia,

Technically though, all this screen does is send the email form the foxpro app. to the mail client, Is it possible to actually send it to the recipient without opening the mail client?

Jim
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 2:47 PM