Problem opening Excel file RRS feed

• Question

• User1646260830 posted
    When I run my application from VisualStudio2008 on the local machine everything works fine for Excel files having records upto 100000 records (3.5mb). But when I configured the application on IIS at Test Server and run it remotely it worked fine for .xlsx file having records 38000 and size 1.45mb, but it didn't worked for file having 40000 records and size was 1.53mb. I've tried number of things (changing metabase.xml adding in webConfig) but still no fruits for me. If you have found any solution kindly share with me. Im using following; For .xls|.xlsx : System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=" + filename + ";Extended Properties=Excel 12.0"); For .csv : System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" + Path.GetDirectoryName(filename) + ";Extended Properties=Text;"); Regards, ifark
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 9:25 AM

All replies

• User1159696941 posted
    might be problem occur with the file extension u should convert and then check it.. and also check the entries in the web.config file such that connection string and the database confriguation...
    Monday, June 8, 2009 12:52 AM