Help! My security shield virus/malware!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Help please!! I have malware/virus infection: my security shield pop-ups!

I have Windows home and student 2007. I have MacAfee updated and valid till next year. First it worked but now it does not work and the icon does not execute.

The window from Windows security center says:

FIREWALL: on

AUTOMATIC UPADTE:on

Protection against malware: off - and I cannot switch on MacAfee!

WINDOWS defender : on.

I've been to Microsoft support and it suggest dowloading Malware removal tool but it will not download. First there was an issue with security settings, I've re-set these but it still does not download.

But Support also says that as long as Automatic updates are on windows will update with Malware removal tool!!

I don't understand any of these. I need clear instructions on how to download this Malware removal tool. Help please!

• Moved by Jim Groves Monday, September 20, 2010 5:05 PM (From:Rights Management Services)
    Saturday, September 11, 2010 7:52 AM

Answers

• This forum is specifically for addressing issues and questions about Rights Management Services in Windows Server. That is, it's for network administrators and the like. You'd probably get a better response if you addressed your question in a forum intended for home users, such as Microsoft Answers (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx).

Good luck!

• Marked as answer by Jim Groves Monday, September 13, 2010 11:55 PM
    Monday, September 13, 2010 11:55 PM