Binding value does not update RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any thing like two-way data binding without having to hook up specific change event handlers for each control?

I would like to make my input range control modify the backing object using declarative binding.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael S. Scherotter
    Principal Architect Evangelist Microsoft Corporation,
    Blog, Twitter, Facebook

Monday, January 2, 2012 9:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Yes, I've watched this BUILD video in painful slow motion a pile of times to extract the good stuff out of it.

Build_data_driven_collection_and_list_apps_using_ListView_in_HTML5

I think what you are looking for is about 30 minutes in.

This may be what you are saying you don't want to.  It's per datasource which can hook up to many controls.

HTH's.  Happy new year Michael! (not to post my question and get some lunch)

Peter Kellner http://peterkellner.net Microsoft MVP • ASPInsider
    Monday, January 2, 2012 9:31 PM
  • Peter,

Thanks for the suggestion.  It looks like that is for the List data source - whereas I am doing binding on the HTML page with an object data source created with WinJS.Binding.as().

Michael

Michael S. Scherotter
    Principal Architect Evangelist Microsoft Corporation,
    Blog, Twitter, Facebook

Monday, January 2, 2012 10:01 PM
  • Hello guys.

I'm also interested in getting two way data binding but still haven't found anything in the docs which says that this feature is supported. In fact, this video http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/BUILD/BUILD2011/TOOL-501T says that async notifications are only one way, going from object to control. Is this a limitation on the JS approach? I mean, I'm under the impression that this is supported if you're writing C# code...

any comments on this? thanks.

Luis Abreu
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:16 AM
  • You are correct.
    Jeff Sanders (MSFT)
    Friday, January 27, 2012 5:35 PM
  • Any chance of knowing if this will be changed for the next release?

Luis Abreu

Thursday, February 9, 2012 11:56 AM