none
Problem with Visual Studio 2015 UWP app

Question

• I have a problem with Visual Studio 2015 (Community).
    Since a few weeks I can't open my UWO-app in Windows Phone/Mobile anymore.
    I get the message that I need do deploy the Project. When I try to deploy the Project I get the following message:

"Error  DEP6701 : Bootstrapping failed with unexpected error: 'Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information."

I already uninstalled and installed VS2015 again, updated to the latest versions. This didn't help, but I have a new problem with it.
    When opening an App I get the following message:

You can find the log here:
    ActivityLog

Hope someone can help me with these 2 issues so I can work on my UWP App again

Saturday, November 12, 2016 7:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi WilcovanEe,

Do you have installed any update for your Visual Studio and Windows before this issue occurs? Please open Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> View Installed Updates to check the installed Updates based on the installed date.

Then please run these UWP apps on Windows Phone emulator to check whether it could run successful in emulator or not. If could run successful, I'm afraid that this issue is related to your Windows Phone/Mobile. I suggest you check whether your device do any updates or not.

If this app also could not run on emulator, according to the error message, this issue caused by the a configuration change or by the installation of another extension. Please uninstall and reinstall the Windows SDK to check whether there has any installation issue on Windows SDK. And also check the Visual Studio extension that related to Windows app from Tools -> Extensions and Updates. Please reinstall these extensions one by one to confirm which one causes this issue.

In addition, please use http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the VS and .Net Frameowrk installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 14, 2016 9:07 AM
  • Sorry for the late answer...

I reinstalled the Windows SDK's, after that everything worked fine.
    When I made a new Android app, I got an error, after this I had the same problem again. After reinstalling the Windows SKD's the Emulators works again, but my deploying to my phone gives an error (DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: -2147009287). My phone has the latest updates.

I made the vslogs.zip with VSCollect. Hope this will help. 
    vslogs.zip

Wilco

Friday, November 18, 2016 7:23 PM
  • Hi Wilco,

>> but my deploying to my phone gives an error (DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: -2147009287).

Do you have any other detailed error message for DEP0001?

According to your description, after the Windows SDK reinstalled, everything worked fine on emulator, but has problem when deploy to device. I'm afraid that this issue is more related to your mobile device.

I suggest you change another device to check whether it also has the same issue in another device.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 21, 2016 5:18 AM
  • Sorry for the late reply;
    A reboot with my phone was the solution...

Wilco

• Marked as answer by WilcovanEe Monday, November 28, 2016 5:34 AM
    Saturday, November 26, 2016 2:03 PM
  • Hi Wilco,

I'm glad that you have resolved your issue. And Thanks for sharing your solution here.

Please mark your reply as answer which is benefit to other communities who has the same issue.

If any questions about Visual Studio IDE in future, please feel free to come back.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support

Monday, November 28, 2016 2:16 AM