Connecting programmatically a Filter web part to a SSRS Report Viewer web part RRS feed

• Question

• Technologies:  MOSS 2007, SSRS 2008, SQL 2005 for the SharePoint databases

I have a Querystring Filter web part and a SSRS Report Viewer web part (the one that comes withe SSRS 2008 Add In).  I am trying to find a way to automate the connection between the filter web part and the report viewer web part.  Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to do this? 

When I try to iterate through the webparts on a page, I get a reference to a ErrorWebPart when it really should be an instance of the Report Viewer web part. 

foreach (WebPart wpTemp in wpManager.WebParts)
                            {
                                string title = wpTemp.Title;
                            }

Any help would be great. 

Thanks,
    Nara
    Friday, September 18, 2009 11:34 PM

All replies

• When I navigate to the page.aspx?Contents=1 on one of my report viewer web part pages, I also see an error web part.  When we try to reference the web part in code, we cannot access ours either.  The odd part (and good part) is that it works to render reports. 

Initially during the install, we had two parts to install.  The ReportingServicesAddIn and the RSViewer.  At some point, we updated the ReportingServicesAddIn on each server, but I could not find an equivalent update to the RSViewer.  The odd bit is that on the ReportingServicesAddIn download page for the latest version, it indicates that an updated web part is included.  I cannot find that part.

I still believe this is the root cause, but am unable to prove this out or fix it as of yet.  Any ideas out there?
    Dan Luciano - Sr. Consultant MCP, MCTS WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007 Configuration WSS 3.0 Applicaton Development
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 3:29 AM
  • Can we get any insight from you Microsoft folk out there??  Help please, we do not want to have to reconnect all report viewer webparts after every deployment!

Thanks,
    Nara
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:38 PM
  • Hi Fujita,

Have you got a solution for this problem? I have a similar requirement, have not got any help from anywhere..

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 5:47 AM