none
VPU encoder failing in WEC7 for higher resolution RRS feed

• Question

• During testing of the VPU basic driver application  (ENCTEST & DECTEST) provided by the Freescale for i.MX6 processor platform for Windows Embedded Compact 7 (WEC 7) results in VPU encoder failing. 

VPU_EncOpen function returns RETCODE_INVALID_PARAM.

For 320 x 240 resolution video encoded properly but not for higher resolution.

Input source : 720 x 480 resolution YUV raw data format file

Output parameters : 640 x 480 resolution H264 format file of bitrate 512

Any idea on this.

Thanks in advance.

Skandaprasad P

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:57 AM

Answers

• Thank You IoTGirl,

I sorted the things now, actually problem was with resolution. Actually encoding width and height should be strictly lesser than PICWIDTH & PICHEIGHT. In my case I gave equal PICHEIGHT & encoding Height. Input file resolution(PICWIDTH and PICHEIGHT) was 720x480 and Output file resolution passed as parameter(Encoding width and height) 640x480. When I used higher resolution input it worked fine.

Regards,

Skanda_prasad

• Edited by Skanda_prasad Friday, September 30, 2016 10:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Skanda_prasad Friday, September 30, 2016 10:50 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2016 10:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Skanda_prasad,

Have you confirmed with freescale/NXP that what you are attempting is supported? The message is telling you it does not consider your parameters valid. There is a similar discussion on resolutions at https://community.nxp.com/thread/305276

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, September 29, 2016 6:15 PM
  • Thank You IoTGirl,

I sorted the things now, actually problem was with resolution. Actually encoding width and height should be strictly lesser than PICWIDTH & PICHEIGHT. In my case I gave equal PICHEIGHT & encoding Height. Input file resolution(PICWIDTH and PICHEIGHT) was 720x480 and Output file resolution passed as parameter(Encoding width and height) 640x480. When I used higher resolution input it worked fine.

Regards,

Skanda_prasad

• Edited by Skanda_prasad Friday, September 30, 2016 10:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by Skanda_prasad Friday, September 30, 2016 10:50 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2016 10:48 AM
  • Hi Skanda-prasad,

I am happy to hear the message you were receiving was correct and you were able to replace the invalid parameters with the correct ones.

Sincere thanks for your follow up.

IoTGirl

Friday, September 30, 2016 4:00 PM