Create a new Sharepoint form based on dropdown list RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Sharepoint 2007.

Here is what I require. I have a form with a dropdown list that will ask a user if they want a Server or Desktop. If they select Server, I want a bunch a fields to appear that they will need to submit. If they select Desktop, another list with a bunch of dropdowns should appear.

The objective is I do not want people who want a request for a server fill in the same form as one does for workstations.

Any ideas?

Thanks 

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 1:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Your best bet is, create new blank form and have two section controls. One for server and second for desktop. Later you can hide/show section based on your dropdown selection:

http://www.inclusivedesignsolutions.com/infopath/infopath-conditional-formatting-showhide-optional-section-via-checkbox-or-radio-buttons/

Let us know if you have any doubt

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Please feel free to unmark answer if does not resolves your problem.

• Marked as answer by anon1m0us Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:30 AM
    Tuesday, July 9, 2013 9:33 AM
  • Is it possible without Infopath? If not, how to I obtain InfoPath? I only has Designer installed.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 11:26 AM
  • Hello,

Yes there is some more other ways to do this.

1. You can create two separate lists (one for desktop and second for server) and allow user to add details accordingly. This may best solution for your need because this does not needs any code or customization.

2. Create a single list and add columns for desktop and server. Later you can hide/show control based on selection using jquery/JS.

3. Create custom webpart and use SP object model programming to add details in list. This is fully coded approach.

As per my knowledge infopath comes with Office 2007 professional suite so you can install it in your machine to obtain it.

Hemendra: "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer

Please feel free to unmark answer if does not resolves your problem.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:13 AM