"No such interface supported" when running Macro IDE VS2005 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I need help.  Something went wrong with my PC lately what I had to reregister a buch of dlls to make IE work.  I just noticed now, I am getting "No such interface supported" when I try to open the Macro IDE inside of Visual Studio.  Now my problem is I have an auto versioning utility that runs when I build a project that will not work wither because of this error.  Could someone help me?  All the issues I have seen that even relate to this are related to VS2003 and some of the dlls are different, and I'll bet they are the offending dlls.

Someone please help me...  This is driving me crazy and I am getting messed up on my build numbers because of the loss of this utility.

Friday, September 28, 2007 6:41 PM

Answers

• Hi 95se5m,

1. Have you applied the latest service pack? If not, I suggest you to apply the service pack.

2. If you reboot the operating system to safe mode, do we have the problem? This can help to isolate whether any other applications are interfering with Visual Studio.

3. If you create a new user account, do you have the problem? This can help to isolate user profile corruption related causes.

4. If you disable Add-ns (e.g. “Tools” | “Add-in Manager”) and run “devenv.exe /safemode”, do you still have the problem? This can eliminate the possibility that 3rd party Add-ins are causing problems.

5. If you create a new project, do you have the problem? Sometimes corrupted project settings can cause problems. These are project specific.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Monday, October 1, 2007 6:57 AM

All replies

• It seems that there is something wrong with VS, you could try to figure it out with procesmonitor
    Saturday, September 29, 2007 6:11 AM
  • Hi 95se5m,

1. Have you applied the latest service pack? If not, I suggest you to apply the service pack.

2. If you reboot the operating system to safe mode, do we have the problem? This can help to isolate whether any other applications are interfering with Visual Studio.

3. If you create a new user account, do you have the problem? This can help to isolate user profile corruption related causes.

4. If you disable Add-ns (e.g. “Tools” | “Add-in Manager”) and run “devenv.exe /safemode”, do you still have the problem? This can eliminate the possibility that 3rd party Add-ins are causing problems.

5. If you create a new project, do you have the problem? Sometimes corrupted project settings can cause problems. These are project specific.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Monday, October 1, 2007 6:57 AM