none
Trouble using Visual Studio with my Azure subscription

Question

• Hey,

Whenever I attempt creating a new Asp .Net project with application insight I'm requested to login, after I've entered my details I get this error message:

"Could not connect to Applications Insights: Value cannot be null.
      Parameter name: tenantService"

Does anyone have any experience with this error? Or an idea of how to handle it?

Also, if I create a Asp .Net project without AI, open the publishing dialogue and click on Microsoft Azure App Service, VS becomes unresponsive and then restarts.

Thanks for all replies!

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 12:38 PM

Answers

• Hi log234,

>>"Could not connect to Applications Insights: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: tenantService".

For this issue, actually you mean that you could create the web app successfully if you don't enable the UI, am I right? Since you get this error after you enable the AI, I think we would discuss this issue with the AI experts. So if possible, for this issue, you could post an issue here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=ApplicationInsights

>>Also, if I create a Asp .Net project without AI, open the publishing dialogue and click on Microsoft Azure App Service, VS becomes unresponsive and then restarts.

For this issue, do you mean that all web projects have the same issue? For example, just create a blank web app, and then add a page, publish it, how about the result?

If all web apps have the same issue, we would think about the VS Environment firstly, and then narrow down this issue one by one.

(1) Please restart your VS, not very sure that which VS version you use, but please make sure that you install the latest update package for your current VS.

(2) Click Tools->Extensions and Updates, please install the latest package there, for example, maybe your current Azure package is not the latest one or others.

(3) Please close all third party processes/tools or "security" software, and make sure that your task manager is free before you open your VS.

(4) You could run your VS as the admin, or run it in safe mode, so we could know that whether it is the permission issue or the add-in's issue.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241278.aspx

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 26, 2015 5:38 AM

All replies

• Hi log234,

This forum is discuss Visual Studio Setup and installation.                                       

As your issue may be related to Azure permission, I recommend you go toVisual Studio general questions

forum for dedicated support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Wen Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 6:07 AM
  • Hi log234,

>>"Could not connect to Applications Insights: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: tenantService".

For this issue, actually you mean that you could create the web app successfully if you don't enable the UI, am I right? Since you get this error after you enable the AI, I think we would discuss this issue with the AI experts. So if possible, for this issue, you could post an issue here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=ApplicationInsights

>>Also, if I create a Asp .Net project without AI, open the publishing dialogue and click on Microsoft Azure App Service, VS becomes unresponsive and then restarts.

For this issue, do you mean that all web projects have the same issue? For example, just create a blank web app, and then add a page, publish it, how about the result?

If all web apps have the same issue, we would think about the VS Environment firstly, and then narrow down this issue one by one.

(1) Please restart your VS, not very sure that which VS version you use, but please make sure that you install the latest update package for your current VS.

(2) Click Tools->Extensions and Updates, please install the latest package there, for example, maybe your current Azure package is not the latest one or others.

(3) Please close all third party processes/tools or "security" software, and make sure that your task manager is free before you open your VS.

(4) You could run your VS as the admin, or run it in safe mode, so we could know that whether it is the permission issue or the add-in's issue.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241278.aspx

Best Regards,

Jack

Thursday, November 26, 2015 5:38 AM