Unable to find DekstopClient shortcut in Start Menu RRS feed

• Question

• On my Dev workstation I cannot install a LS desktopClient application that runs w/o problems on other PCs

If I call the url of deploy (eg. http://www.mydomain.org/myApp/desktopclient/ ) it acts like an upgrade (indeed I was able to install the first release) and it says

MYAPP
    Version 1.6.16 (the right one)
    MyApp has installed successfully. Please launch this application from the Start Menu.

The problem is that I cannot find on Start Menu.
    I don't find neither in Control Panel>Programs so I don't know how to do a fresh installation (where setup asks like the first time to install Start and Desktop shortcuts).

I checked Users\username\AppData\local\Microsoft\Silverlight\OutOfBrowser\ folder but it is still empty.

Thanks

Sandro

Friday, January 16, 2015 9:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Sandro,

Welcome to Lightswitch forum.

For Desktop applications hosted on the web, LightSwitch has to use the Out-of-browser functionality built in to Silverlight. Check out msdn.microsoft.com/.../dd550721(VS.95).aspx for more info.

This causes the following dialog box to appear, which enables the user to specify the location of the application shortcuts.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 19, 2015 7:28 AM
  • Angie,

the problem is that after the first install that went ok, something happend and start icon diseappers.

I tried uninstall and reinstall again the thru the url, but as I said, the dialog you pasted, never appears; it says, Program installed (like an update) but I don't find either start/desktop icon, neither in control panel/Program & Features the proof of installation

Thanks

Sandro

Monday, January 19, 2015 9:22 AM