Releases are no longer triggered RRS feed

• Question

• As of today (2016-10-10) none of our release processes are triggerd when the build is done. I think our VSTS instance got updated today with new features. Have something broken?

Hallis

Monday, October 10, 2016 6:07 PM

Answers

• https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vsoservice/?p=12495

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.  

The CI pipeline is currently broken for Build Definitions with TFVC source We are working on a fix and will roll it out as soon as possible.

The workaround is to manually queue a release with the build.

• Marked as answer by Hallis Tuesday, October 11, 2016 7:23 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 7:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Hallis,

I noticed the same thing, thought it was my problem, recreated builds and releases but still no release is triggered by my CI when a build is finished and the new artificat is created. In my case its a ASP.NET web app with a .zip file as artifact that i want to release to Azure.

Marco

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 5:41 AM
  • We have noticed the same thing. All of our triggered releases no longer work. This happened some time between 10-9-2016 and 10-10-2016. We recreated builds and release definitions but nothing is automatically being released, we need to manually release everything.

Eric

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 3:50 PM
  • Same here, I have about 25 applications being released, only 7 of those releases gets triggered after the build. Also started just recently.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 5:04 PM
  • https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vsoservice/?p=12495

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.  

The CI pipeline is currently broken for Build Definitions with TFVC source We are working on a fix and will roll it out as soon as possible.

The workaround is to manually queue a release with the build.

• Marked as answer by Hallis Tuesday, October 11, 2016 7:23 PM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 7:19 PM