none
v4 printer driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a few questions regarding v4 printer drivers...

1. whether the template provided for xps filter is functioning , by functioning i mean do it send data to the port monitor for printing.

2. If no then how to redirect data from filter to port monitor.

The problem i am facing with v4 printer driver is, it's not sending data to the device for printing although there is entry in print queue and it shows status spooling and printing.(i am using the xps filter template as it).

Thanks

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 7:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Arshdeep,

The template does not write data to the output buffer (you can see the output buffer in the variable m_pWriter). You can get it to write to the filter pipeline (which will take care of routing to the port) by writing to this. If you need an example of a fully functional XPS rendering filter, I'd recommend having a look at the XPSRas filter sample. http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowshardware/XPS-Rasterization-Filter-05aa56dc

Thanks!

Justin

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 4:46 PM
  • Thanx justin

I have made the required changes according yo the sample provided , the projects builds successfully but the page is still not sent for printing( but gets into print queue).

The details of the project i have developed are:-

1. v4 printer driver with rendering filters GPD based.

2. I have included resource dll,driver property bag and queue property bag (just added them no customization done) and usbmon.

3. In the render filter i have made all the changes according to the XPSRas filter sample.

Please provide any solution for it.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:04 AM