Certification failed due to .GDF file RRS feed

• Question

• I'm in Taiwan. Recently the windows store apps in Taiwan are forced to add game rating certificate,

hence I try to follow the instructions on the page.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh465153.aspx

To generate a binary container of .GDF file, and add it to appmanifest of my app.

It builds and runs perfectly, but failed on Windows Certification Kit, the error message was like:

"your app depends on Microsoft Visual C+ Runtime Package structure, but you didn't declare it in the app manifest"

Though I did add the binary GDF container to appmanifest as "Game Explorer", how can I solve this?

• Moved by Song Tian Wednesday, January 2, 2013 4:51 AM (From:Building Windows Store apps with HTML5/JavaScript)
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 2:28 AM

Answers

• I found that actually the Release configuration and the Debug configuration have independent solution properties,

which means if I go through the steps on the link above,

the /NOENTRY set on step #5 will be reset on step #8 which told us to switch to Release configuration.

So after switch to Release configuration, I redo step #5 again. It worked!!

Thanks a lot!

Thursday, January 3, 2013 10:25 AM

All replies

• Review the steps and make sure you got them all. In particular, Creating a DLL project container for the GDF file step #5.
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 8:27 PM
  • I found that actually the Release configuration and the Debug configuration have independent solution properties,

which means if I go through the steps on the link above,

the /NOENTRY set on step #5 will be reset on step #8 which told us to switch to Release configuration.

So after switch to Release configuration, I redo step #5 again. It worked!!

Thanks a lot!

Thursday, January 3, 2013 10:25 AM
  • Can you please tell me how to add the dll created in step 8 to the appx.manifest file of the main application. Should it specify only the dll name and not the extension or should it specify the dll name along with extension. As I am getting an error saying "error APPX0703: Manifest references file 'AgeCertify' which is not part of the payload".

Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:30 AM
  • Make sure you are adding the relative path with the full name including the extension. I added my dll file to a dlls folder. I was getting that error until i added the folder path too.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 3:01 AM