Mounted Volume Disconnects RRS feed

• Question

• I've got an issue where, after running for a bit, the storage services seem to have issues and the mounted volume - Volume1 -  under C:\ClusterStorage, disappears. From the event log, it looks like my controller is receiving a reset as if the system was going into sleep mode but I checked and the power settings look fine. I am having to reboot the host to get all VMs back online. BTW, the startup script works great when a host needs to be rebooted.

I am running a Dell T710 with 128GB RAM with 4ea 500GB mirrored drives in the pool. I have also updated firmware to the latest for the controller and the disk drives.

John V. Casella

• Edited by Blueroy Thursday, January 5, 2017 4:21 PM
    Thursday, January 5, 2017 2:40 PM

Answers

• Well, right now, I am thinking I had a disk that was failing on me. It finally died but it had been throwing errors quite a bit which may have caused the glitch in the controller. I have replaced the faulty drive and I am working on the re-install now. I'll report back once I am back up and running and have had a few days to see if the issue returns.

John V. Casella

• Edited by Blueroy Monday, January 9, 2017 8:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by Blueroy Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:03 PM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 8:00 PM

All replies

• One thing to try is to rollback the driver to a older/previous version or update the driver with the latest one directly from the vendor.

Cheers,

Ruud
    Twitter:    Blog: www.ruudborst.nl  LinkedIn:    
    Note: Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Friday, January 6, 2017 8:53 AM
  • I will give that a try.

John V. Casella

Friday, January 6, 2017 3:34 PM
  • Well, right now, I am thinking I had a disk that was failing on me. It finally died but it had been throwing errors quite a bit which may have caused the glitch in the controller. I have replaced the faulty drive and I am working on the re-install now. I'll report back once I am back up and running and have had a few days to see if the issue returns.

John V. Casella

• Edited by Blueroy Monday, January 9, 2017 8:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by Blueroy Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:03 PM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 8:00 PM
  • Thanks for reporting back John. Thats also a pretty plausible explanation :) Good luck.

Cheers,

Ruud
    Twitter:    Blog: www.ruudborst.nl  LinkedIn:    
    Note: Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 1:06 PM
  • Looks like that failing disk was my issue. The cluster was failing sometimes twice a day. It hasn't failed since I replaced the disk. Thanks everyone.

John V. Casella

• Edited by Blueroy Tuesday, January 10, 2017 4:26 PM
    Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:03 PM
  • Azure Stack TP3 has been released on March 1, 2017.

If you are experiencing any issues with the TP2 release, please download and redeploy using the latest Azure Stack POC deployment package

Please see the updated deployment documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-run-powershell-script

And updated Azure Stack Docs:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/

If you experience any issues with TP3 release, feel free to contact us.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/hybrid-application-innovation-with-azure-and-azure-stack/

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:17 PM