cryptographic error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm thinking of altering the Parallax2011ReferencePlatformIoControllerservice so it is based on it's internal encoder ticks e.g. move left wheel 200 ticks, move right wheel 10 ticks.  But every time I look at the file Parallax2011ReferencePlatformIoController and run it I get this error

Error 2 Cryptographic failure while signing assembly 'C:\mrds\samples\Platforms\ReferencePlatform2011\Parallax2011ReferencePlatformIoController\obj\x86\Debug\Parallax2011ReferencePlatformIoController.Y2011.M07.dll' -- 'Error reading key file 'c:\Users\jbeavers\microsoft robotics dev studio 4\samples\mrisamples.snk' -- The system cannot find the path specified. ' Parallax2011ReferencePlatformIoController

How can I change the path?

Monday, September 23, 2013 1:51 PM

Answers

• It sounds like you have not followed all the installation instructions from Parallax.
    Their setup instructions includes a script that runs dssprojectmigration that is supposed to fix the paths.

This is explained in their setup readme file:
    \samples\Platforms\ReferencePlatform2011\ParallaxKitReadMe.html

You can also edit the "Parallax2011ReferencePlatformIoController.csproj" file by hand in your "samples\Platforms\ReferencePlatform2011\Parallax2011ReferencePlatformIoController\" directory, to replace all instances of "jbeavers" with your user name.

-Gershon

• Proposed as answer by Gershon Parent Monday, September 23, 2013 10:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by mark726 Tuesday, September 24, 2013 1:16 PM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 10:53 PM