Connection String is updated using Report Manager but doesn't reflect the change on the database RRS feed

• Question

• Connection String is updated using Report Manager but doesn't reflect the change on the database. 

When I change something else on the datasource such as name, the database will update, but not the connection string column. Can someone help me out with this. I'm working on Report Server 2017

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 9:47 PM

All replies

• the database will update, but not the connection string column. 

Sorry, but for me it's really not clear what you mean; if the database name has changed after modification, everything should be fine?

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Thursday, February 27, 2020 8:25 AM
  • Hi Crystal-Tan,

Sorry for my poor understanding. Could you please describe your problem more clearly?

Did you mean you get the same result when you update the database name in the connection string in data source via Report Manager?

Please refer to this thread which might help.

Best Regards,

Amelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 8:33 AM