[UWP] Printer specific options not respected RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

For my app in the store, I have received a few complaints that some options are not respected when printing. I have found that these are all options specific to the printer, such as pages per sheet, collation, etc.

From the best of my knowledge, these are options that I am not supposed to deal with directly, but are supposed to be taken care of by the OS and Printer.

I tried the official printing sample, and found that it too did not print multiple pages per sheet:

https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-universal-samples/tree/5533250b2faa004183e46b5997a23084e600ed39

I have registered for

PrintTaskOptionDetails.OptionChanged

which fires when the pages per sheet is changed, but I don't see any option that seems to correspond.

So at this point, I am wondering if there is something I should do, or if there even is something I can do.

Cheers,

Tomas

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 6:51 PM

All replies

• Hi T Hofmann,

I have used official printing sample to test via a real printer. I set 2 pages per sheet. Then It worked well. Please see my following picture:

So I think this issue might be related to your printer. Please try to print on another printer to see if it work.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:58 AM
  • Thanks,

It is not just my printer, but some of my users have reported the same thing. Which means that this is not an entirely uncommon problem.

I will test more printersthough.

Still, could you please confirm though whether there is something I can do about it or not.

Thanks,
    Tomas

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 5:27 PM
  • Xavier, I have a question. While calling up for the print preview and setting the defaults, is it possible to set the PrintMediaSize property to one of the custom list items from the actual printer? Currently the property only accepts a limited number of Enum options none of which actually work for my target printer.

When the option is changed manually I can I debug and see that it's set to "PrinterCustom" but that doesn't help me much. I need to set it to a custom value from the start.

Is this just not possible in the UWP Print API?

Thanks

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 5:38 PM