populate data on infopath form from sharepoint list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i would like to give you guys my project Details .There will be self-assessment questions will be list/table driven rather than "hard coded" into the form; this information should be externally maintainable without requiring modifications to the form itself. The self-assessment questions list/table should include the following fields:
    - Category (area of applicability)
    - Question text
    - Question type
    - If choice-based, list of available choices
    - Boolean indicating whether or not response is required
    Category and question text will be used to ensure uniqueness.

Questions must be physically grouped on the form according to area of applicability (i.e. architecture compliance questions are grouped together, infrastructure capacity impact questions are grouped together, etc.)

Choice-based fields should only allow selection from a discrete set of valid values rather than allowing free-form entry

If a choice-based field is not required, then "Not Applicable" should be a valid choice

If a choice-based field is a yes/no field and is required, then only "Yes" and "No" should appear as valid choices

"Select…" should be the default selection for all choice-based fields and validation upon form submission must confirm that no choice-based field is submitted with this default selection

Actually i am not that expert in infopath, so anybody can help to achive this functionality. i am trying to get questions list from sharepoint list, when user will select category from infopath it will populated all questions related with this category along with choice field.

Can i achive this infopath 2007?

Thanks in advance

Monday, September 19, 2011 3:10 AM

All replies

• Lets say there is a one Category field Architecture standard and with this category a bunch of quetions related. so when user select this Category those all question should be populated to answer by user with choice field(item XYZ, ABC, ZZZ) and each item has score(like XYZ=1, ABC=4, ZZZ=2.2). so when user select XYZ, score 1 will be added against the data. so is there any possibility to create Category, questions, and choice list in Sharepoint and grab those data into form. plz give me some idea that will be appreciated.

Thanks

• Merged by Pengyu Zhao Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:21 AM
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 4:22 AM
  • Hi Rakib,

Are you attempting to create a quiz which could offer different questions based on user choice?

You need to create a survey list first. You can try to implement the function of category with Branching Logic, you can add a Branching Logic in the first question to jump to different questions base on the use's choice. And in a set of questions, you should also add a Branching Logic in the last question prevent from user answer all the question.

Suppose you have 30 questions(Q1-Q30).

option 1 jump to Q2,   Q9 jump to Q30

Q1{  option 2 jump to Q10, Q19 jump to Q30

option 3 jump to Q20

Here is an article about using survey for a quiz and how to “grade” the quiz.

http://vspug.com/joed/2008/09/22/Using-Sharepoint-Surveys-for-a-Quiz/

http://vspug.com/joed/2008/09/24/using-sharepoint-surveys-for-a-quiz-part-2/

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhap

• Edited by Pengyu Zhao Monday, September 19, 2011 6:45 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 6:45 AM
  • Hi Pengyu,

Thanks for ur reply. actually what i want to do, i would like to give you details, the following are detailThere will be self-assessment questions will be list/table driven rather than "hard coded" into the form; this information should be externally maintainable without requiring modifications to the form itself. The self-assessment questions list/table should include the following fields:
    - Category (area of applicability)
    - Question text
    - Question type
    - If choice-based, list of available choices
    - Boolean indicating whether or not response is required
    Category and question text will be used to ensure uniqueness.

Questions must be physically grouped on the form according to area of applicability (i.e. architecture compliance questions are grouped together, infrastructure capacity impact questions are grouped together, etc.)

Choice-based fields should only allow selection from a discrete set of valid values rather than allowing free-form entry

If a choice-based field is not required, then "Not Applicable" should be a valid choice

If a choice-based field is a yes/no field and is required, then only "Yes" and "No" should appear as valid choices

"Select…" should be the default selection for all choice-based fields and validation upon form submission must confirm that no choice-based field is submitted with this default selection

Actually i am not that expert in infopath, so anybody can help to achive this functionality. i am trying to get questions list from sharepoint list, when user will select category from infopath it will populated all questions related with this category along with choice field.

Can i achive this infopath 2007?

Thanks in advance

• Edited by rakib1 Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:18 PM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 2:17 PM