none
automatically add row to table RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a table in my work document that contains a Drop-Down list content control.

When the last cell of the table is filled in I would like word to prompt the user if they wish to add a new row.

If a new row is to be added the 1st and 3rd cell of the new row should be empty but the second have the Drop-Down list content control.

I believe I need a macro to do this but have never done anything like that before so am a bit clueless as what I need to do.

I have searched the internet but cannot get my head around what need to be done...If anyone reading this could help me out I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Iain

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 6:27 AM

All replies

• See, for example: http://www.msofficeforums.com/word-vba/13955-macro-add-row-table-word-form.html#post38461. Note the extensive comments in the code.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Thursday, June 28, 2018 12:07 AM
  • Hello lain,

>>When the last cell of the table is filled in I would like word to prompt the user if they wish to add a new row.

As far as I know, MS Word does not provide any event for this operation. So I think it is not possible to let Word to prompt the user if they wish to add a new row automatically.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 7:58 AM