payout much less than number of downloads RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have received a payout for just 37.55$, which is much lesser than the number of paid app downloads.

Also, i was told that the threshold is $200, then how did i received one for just $37?

Please help

Anshul Goyal

• Moved by Eric Fleck Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:10 PM accounts payout question (From:How To's)
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:08 AM

Answers

• @ AnshulGoyal

We apologize for the confusion this may be causing, I can further clarify and explain why this occurred.  In July Microsoft elected to payout all developers (for settled transactions up to July 1<sup>st</sup>) to prepare for the Dev Center migration, regardless of the amount or if it had reached the $200 threshold or not; that would explain the $37.55 you received.

Although your download report may show more apps that would equal what you were paid, we only pay on transactions that have settled and where we received the money.  It may take up to 120 days for some of the transactions to settle, it all depends on how the app was purchased (credit card or MO billing).  I hope I was able to better clarify any confusion.

Thank you,

Paul
    Windows Phone Dev Center Support

• Marked as answer by Paul H Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:59 PM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:58 PM

All replies

• Hey Anshul,

You said the payment is much less than the number of paid app downloads? Are the downloads specific to one app or multiple apps? Can you please share the app name(s)?

Thanks,
    Sharat

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of attachments are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:31 PM
  • @ AnshulGoyal

We apologize for the confusion this may be causing, I can further clarify and explain why this occurred.  In July Microsoft elected to payout all developers (for settled transactions up to July 1<sup>st</sup>) to prepare for the Dev Center migration, regardless of the amount or if it had reached the $200 threshold or not; that would explain the $37.55 you received.

Although your download report may show more apps that would equal what you were paid, we only pay on transactions that have settled and where we received the money.  It may take up to 120 days for some of the transactions to settle, it all depends on how the app was purchased (credit card or MO billing).  I hope I was able to better clarify any confusion.

Thank you,

Paul
    Windows Phone Dev Center Support

• Marked as answer by Paul H Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:59 PM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:58 PM