none
Add WINUSB driver after image creation? RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings all,

I have Win7 Embedded Std based machines in use by customers that i now need to add the Microsoft WinUSB drivers onto (WinUSB is always included in normal Win7 desktop installs).

How do i go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

• Edited by MWPau Tuesday, August 8, 2017 3:35 PM
    Tuesday, August 8, 2017 3:34 PM

All replies

• Add the following packages to the answer file: Device Framework and Microsoft Windows WinUSB Driver

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 3:49 PM
  • How does that help me with installing the driver on a live working machine?

Isn't that only useful when creating the Win7 Embedded image?

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 4:02 PM
  • Ok. Can you share a little about your situation? Are you the OEM of the machines (did you build the image) or did you purchase them from an OEM?

If these are from an OEM and you didn't build the image, then you need to go back to the OEM to get an update.

If you the tools to build the image, then you can use the tools to create a configuration set with these missing packages along with the language packs that are in the image, and apply the configuration set using DISM to the machines in the field.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 11:43 PM
  • You can do it online on command line:

pnputil -i -a {path_to_driver_inf}

Or offline using WinPE (press Shift+F10 on the "Install Now" screen of IBW disk). You need to check for the volume where your Windows installation is located under WinPE environment - for this example I assume that it is C:

dism /image:C:\ /{path_to_driver_inf}

Thursday, August 10, 2017 2:01 PM
  • You can use DISMUI - from Elbacom

http://www.elbacom.com/node/701

• Edited by dlO_olb Wednesday, August 16, 2017 12:52 PM
    Wednesday, August 16, 2017 12:38 PM