Implementing Interactive Sorting without the botton. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to implement interactive sorting on few columns of my report. That is working fine but the the button coming for interactive sort is taking extra space.

I have some space constrains due to too many columns in the report and so i want that implementation without the button(its taking extra space and also ruining the alignment) , may be with a underline in the column header
    like hyperlink or something.

Is it possible.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Priyank Pandey.

Friday, June 8, 2007 11:53 AM

Answers

• I don't think you can manipulate the built in Interactive Sorting to change the button.

You could implement the old way of making the column header a hyperlink and have a hidden "sort" parameter on your report.  The hyperlink would Jump to Report back to the same report, resetting the hidden Sort parameter based on whichever column header the user clicked.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 2:57 PM

All replies

• I don't think you can manipulate the built in Interactive Sorting to change the button.

You could implement the old way of making the column header a hyperlink and have a hidden "sort" parameter on your report.  The hyperlink would Jump to Report back to the same report, resetting the hidden Sort parameter based on whichever column header the user clicked.
    Friday, June 8, 2007 2:57 PM
  • Thanks Andy. Your suggestion worked well.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 12:14 PM
  • Another idea, which I use extensivly, is to add another header row under the existing heading row, and put the sorting button in that row for each column.  It looks much cleaner and still gives you the ability to use the interactive sort.

BobP

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 6:58 PM