none
Deploy Failed message in debug mode RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed a .net application. No compilation error. But when I am trying to run the application in debug mode getting "Deploy failed" message on taskbar of the VS editor and the application is not getting deployed. Anyone please help me out from this problem...
    Friday, April 17, 2009 4:02 AM

Answers

• Wow... that is an interesting problem. I have also faced it before. It ususally occurs when you have a project checked as "Deploy" and it is not supposed to actually deploy.

Try right-clicking on your solution, choose Configuration Manager, and deselect the "Deploy" checkbox for any project that you suspect should not get deployed.

Try building and debugging your application again, and post back if you still face the problem.
    • Proposed as answer by dotNetizen Friday, April 17, 2009 7:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by .netQs Friday, April 17, 2009 7:51 AM
    Friday, April 17, 2009 7:48 AM

All replies

• Wow... that is an interesting problem. I have also faced it before. It ususally occurs when you have a project checked as "Deploy" and it is not supposed to actually deploy.

Try right-clicking on your solution, choose Configuration Manager, and deselect the "Deploy" checkbox for any project that you suspect should not get deployed.

Try building and debugging your application again, and post back if you still face the problem.
    • Proposed as answer by dotNetizen Friday, April 17, 2009 7:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by .netQs Friday, April 17, 2009 7:51 AM
    Friday, April 17, 2009 7:48 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.
    Friday, April 17, 2009 7:53 AM
  • hi all,

we are developing an xps based printer driver. We are creating a dll and placing that to in the folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3.

The dll is working fine in vista, But it is unable to work in xp.

At lost, we found a solution that, by changing _tfopen_s() to _tfopen() in the code, which is used to generate the dll,
    we can able to make the dll working in xp. 

the issue now is, in xp, if we build the dll in release mode it works fine.
      but it fails if we build in debug mode

We are using MSVC2005 for building.

could you helpme to resolve this issue?

regards
      Ramesh  

I want to share about xps printer driver
    Friday, April 17, 2009 10:51 AM