I converted my win app to another language, can submit as new app or is there another option in Partner center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks, 

I submitted my first app to the Windows store a while ago in English. I have now created the same app in Spanish. Can someone help me understand how to submit this app. I noticed in the Partner center that if I went to App management, Manage app names I could reserve another name for my app in another language. I have done that, now do I submit as a new app and just target Spanish speaking country's. or is there a way to submit this version of my new Spanish app so people get the choice to download English version or Spanish version.

Thanks Nige

Sunday, November 11, 2018 6:01 PM

Answers

• Hi nigelsvision,

>Do I submit it as a new app on its own?

With the demand of you, it is actually a workaround to submit a new app to support another language.

>Is there a way for me to link the 2 apps?

For the same kind of app package architecture, there is no way for a link which could correspond to more than one package.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by nigelsvision Tuesday, November 13, 2018 7:00 PM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 6:27 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Since the problem is more related to publishing apps, I'll help you to move this thread to the Publishing Windows Store App Forum. You could get more professional support about publishing apps.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 12, 2018 2:05 AM
  • Hi nigelsvision,

Would you mind to make your package to support multiple languages? So that your users could choose the language according to their needs.You could add some configurations in your app manifest language list to support multiple languages. When your app is in the Microsoft Store, the languages in the app manifest language list are the ones that are displayed to customers.If you think my workaround is feasible, the document Understand user profile languages and app manifest languages will be helpful to you.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Monday, November 12, 2018 9:51 AM
  • Thx Roy Li
    Monday, November 12, 2018 7:53 PM
  • Hi Daisy, I have only glanced over the article briefly which seems to talk about creating one app that supports multiple languages. If I am right in what I have just said then yes it's a great idea. Its only a shame that I had not asked the question before I spent the last 3 months converting around 250000 lines of code from ENG to ESP :) but thanks for enlightening me.

With out a doubt I will at some point venture down that road when I have done some more reading. But I would still like to submit the Spanish version I have created.  So if you could tell me how that would be great.

1, Do I submit it as a new app on its own?

2, Is there away for me to link the 2 apps?

Thanks for the reply and it was without a doubt very interesting.

All the best Nige

Monday, November 12, 2018 8:11 PM
  • Hi nigelsvision,

>Do I submit it as a new app on its own?

With the demand of you, it is actually a workaround to submit a new app to support another language.

>Is there a way for me to link the 2 apps?

For the same kind of app package architecture, there is no way for a link which could correspond to more than one package.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by nigelsvision Tuesday, November 13, 2018 7:00 PM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 6:27 AM