Deployment to Azure using Publish Profile Does not export Database RRS feed

• Question

• User881399529 posted

Hi, Im new to ASP.net and I am trying to publish my application to Azure. So far I have a publish profile working that does copy the application to the remote Azure server but the Database is not Updating when i publish the app. If i run the Update-Database command directly from the Package Manager Console it does update the Remote DB but it does not work if i use the profile. I was reading a tutorial step by step from Microsoft that dates back to 2014 that suggest i enable Use Code First Migrations on the publish profile but that is not an option in Visual Studio Community 2015 and Code First Migrations is already setup in mi application. Any ideas. Thank you in advance.

Friday, April 8, 2016 7:11 PM

All replies

• User379720387 posted

What db are you using?

Can you right click on the db (assuming it is a file) and select publish?

Friday, April 8, 2016 7:21 PM
  • User881399529 posted

SQL Database. My project is using EF Code First, this is why i dont have a database project to publish directly.

Friday, April 8, 2016 7:52 PM
  • User-646145796 posted

Hi,

If i run the Update-Database command directly from the Package Manager Console it does update the Remote DB but it does not work if i use the profile

Does it means your DB has been updated, but after DB updated, you can not publish your application? Which error do you received? For Ef code first Migrations, please refer to this article https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/webdev/2014/04/08/ef-code-first-migrations-deployment-to-an-azure-cloud-service/. Hope it helps.

Regards

Monday, April 11, 2016 5:57 AM