none
Add Bulk Users to Project Server 2010 site using a Script RRS feed

• Question

• I have 100 users that I need to add to a Project Server 2010 site. Add these through server settings would take a week to do. Is there a way to add users in bulk like with a script or something that can pull from an CSV

Thank you for your help!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 12:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

in this case, you can use the following description. There are some manual steps, but less than doing one by one:

If you want to add this users as Project Server resources and users and just have a list of them, you can use copy/paste.

• Go to Resource Center and click on Open. Project client will start with checked out Enterprise Resources.
    • Add columns as required like Windows User Account, Email Address, and all other fields you want to fill.
    • Make sure that the columns and the sequence of columns does match the columns in your file.
    • Use copy/paste to insert all users into Project.
    • Save, close (and check in). 
    • Use Option Bulk Edit in Resource Center, if you want to define eg Timesheet Manager (this field is not available in Project client)
    • As a last step go to Server Settings - Manage Groups and add them to the appropriate groups.

Does that help?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by FoxJacobi Wednesday, May 4, 2011 5:44 PM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 6:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am not sure if I got your question?

If you want to add these users to a site of a specific project, just add them as team members to this project. This will provide read access to them. If you assign them to a task within this project, they will alos get write access in this site.

If you want to add this users as Project Server resources and users and just have a list of them, you can use copy/paste. Go to Resource Center and click on Open. Project client will start with checked out Enterprise Resources. Add columns Windows User Account, Email Address, and all other fields you want to fill. Make sure that the columns and the sequence of columns does match the columns in your file. Use copy/paste to insert all users into Project. Save and Close. Use Option Bulk Edit, if you want to define eg Timesheet Manager. As a last step go to Server Settings - Manage Groups and add them to the appropriate groups.

Does this answer your question?
    Barbara

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 4:40 AM
  • Usually I add users to a PWA site through Server settings> Manage users> New User. One by one.

I am trying to find a way to add 100 users with out going through adding one user at a time. I am not trying to add to specific project, just to the site globally as admin, project manager or team member so they can login to the PWA site.

Does that make sense? Thanks again!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 6:21 AM
  • Hi,

in this case, you can use the following description. There are some manual steps, but less than doing one by one:

If you want to add this users as Project Server resources and users and just have a list of them, you can use copy/paste.

• Go to Resource Center and click on Open. Project client will start with checked out Enterprise Resources.
    • Add columns as required like Windows User Account, Email Address, and all other fields you want to fill.
    • Make sure that the columns and the sequence of columns does match the columns in your file.
    • Use copy/paste to insert all users into Project.
    • Save, close (and check in). 
    • Use Option Bulk Edit in Resource Center, if you want to define eg Timesheet Manager (this field is not available in Project client)
    • As a last step go to Server Settings - Manage Groups and add them to the appropriate groups.

Does that help?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by FoxJacobi Wednesday, May 4, 2011 5:44 PM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 6:34 AM
  • HI,

I want to say your answer is great in Project Server 2010,but it seems not work in Project Server 2013,

Windows User Account can't  be written in .I don't know  why,Do you have any good ideas ?

Thank you for your help !

Thursday, February 20, 2014 3:04 PM
  • This feature has been removed for Project Server 2013, and I assume, 2016.

What you can do is add all the resources with Professional, and then in PWA, edit the resources one and one and choose "Associate resource with a user account".

Which is a terrible way to add and edit 230 resources! Which I am in the process of doing.

Monday, September 5, 2016 9:57 AM