Windows Phone 8.1 new update (8.10.12382.878) calendar issue with google RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just upgraded my Lumia 1520 to 8.10.12382.878 last week. During the upgrade, the phone's time has been set back to 3rd of May, 2014 for some reason(maybe another bug?), so I had to set it to correct time when starting it up for the first time after upgrade. And since then I noticed an issue with the calendar.

My calendar on my Windows Phone is normally synced with my google calendar. My time zone is UTC+10 Brisbane. When I add an all day event using my phone, it now jumps to one day before after syncing with google calendar. I have checked my settings on google calendar, it is set to UTC +10 Brisbane as well so nothing should go wrong. Interestingly, if I set an event with a start time (not an all day event then), then everything is fine. After syncing with google calendar, the start time doesn't change at all.

It does not affect me too much, because I can try to avoid using all day events. But seems a nasty bug.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 10:51 PM

All replies

• Hello bigbearzhujun:

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention.  We are actively reviewing all issues like this.  At this time I would like to encourage any others with this experience to vote for this thread and post here with a description of your experience.

One thing I would be interested to know is if you set your phone to a different time zone, do you still see an issue with the all day event on your phone?  I would specifically be interested to know what happens when you set the phone time zone and the Google calendar time zone to the same time, try UTC +8 or UTC +6.  If you do not have the time to do this testing, we certainly understand.

For anyone that is having this experience, please provide the following details.

• Make and model of phone.
    • Current OS version.
    • Current firmware revision.
    • Country you are located in.
    • Regional setting of your phone.
    • Time zone the phone is set to.
    • Do you have the same experience when you set your time + date to manual and enter the time, date and time zone?
    • Do you have issues with any other calendars, outlook.com, Facebook, etc...?

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Friday, May 23, 2014 1:52 AM
  • I experience the same (annoying) issue:

When adding an all day event to my Google calendar, it automatically moves to the day before.

I have ensured that both Google calendar and the phone time zone settings are the same (GMT+1/UTC+1 - I live in Copenhagen, Denmark).

The issue only occurs with Google calendar, not with e.g. outlook.com calendars - and only for all day events.

Samsung Ativ S
    Regional setting: Denmark
    Thursday, May 29, 2014 10:41 AM
  • Hello All:

Thank you for providing the requested details.  I am bumping this thread to encourage others to post their experience and vote for this thread.

If anyone has corrected this experience, we would like to hear from you as well.

Mark W.

Sunday, June 1, 2014 1:58 AM
  • Could you install the latest Developer Preview build (12393) and check if this is still an issue? I believe we've addressed this problem. 
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 4:19 PM
  • Yes, 8.10.12393.890 appears to have fixed the issue! :D
    Sunday, June 8, 2014 7:59 PM
  • I had same problem, and it seemed to be because I had selected my Calanders to always use my Home Time Zone ,,, which was actually 2hrs different to the time zone I was in. and spreading the day events across 2 days.

Maybe, maybe not ?

Thursday, June 12, 2014 11:45 AM