none
EWS Response didnt contain valid XML. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I have a routine that is using a call to FindFolders in order to locate get a list of the folders a mailbox has.  The call to FindFolders(WellKnownFolderName.MsgFolderRoot,...) is failing with an exception as follows:-

"The response received from the service didn't contain valid XML"

The inner exception contains the following:-

"The expected XML node type was XmlDeclaration, but the actual node type is Element".

My trace handler is logging the following response message:-

"Server Error in /EWS application,  Configuration Error.    Could not load the file or assembly Microsoft.Exchange.Security, Version=14.0.0.0, ....."

c:\Program files.....\EWS\Web.Config line 2393.

Assembly load trace: Assembly manager loaded from c:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\V2.0.50727\mscorwks.dll running under executable c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Running fuselogvw gives me the error GAC Lookup was unsuccessful.

This routine was working but seems to have stopped for some reason, I have checked that the assembly is in the Exchange bin directory, the PublicKeyToken is correct (matches the web.config) - the version number is slightly different (14.0.3.123.3 - which I assume includes service packs).

I have encountered this error testing against Exchange 2010 SP2 and Exchange 2010 SP3 and have used EWS 1.2 & 2.0.

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to go about resolving this issue?

Regards

Andy

Monday, February 18, 2013 3:48 AM

All replies