none
0.9 released? :) RRS feed

Answers

• Yup - I published the new bits this morning.  However, I haven't written down the announcement blog yet.  If you still get the v0.8 bits, you might need to clear your cache and try again.
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 6:42 AM

All replies

• Doesn't look like it, as the link just downloads version 8, despite it saying version 9.  Might be jumping the gun a bit!
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 9:34 PM
  • Yup - I published the new bits this morning.  However, I haven't written down the announcement blog yet.  If you still get the v0.8 bits, you might need to clear your cache and try again.
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 6:42 AM
  • Updated Data extension for 0.9. Download http://cid-265d7d5450b0dc8f.office.live.com/self.aspx/Small%20Basic/Data.zip
    Sorry My Bad English
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:21 AM
  • Looks nice. And "Controls" object is great :)

Grzesio
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:37 AM
  • http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=b006d58d-c2c7-44ad-936b-e7e2d7de793e&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MicrosoftDownloadCenter+%28Microsoft+Download+Center%29#tm
    Grzesio

I'm looking forward to the update very much as well!

After uninstalling 0.8, I got the message "The cabinet file simple.cab required for this installation is corrupt and can not be used. ...."

Hopefully that can be resolved,

kind regards,

René

Thursday, June 10, 2010 10:48 AM
  • I've installed 0.9 and it looks like working...
    Grzesio
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 11:48 AM
  • I am loving the new Controls object. Using the event to interact with buttons is a little on the advanced side, but I can't imagine an easier way creating the functionality (short of remaking the pseudo-drawing environment of Visual Basic).

I have posted a quickie remake of Rock-Paper-Scissors to the blog entry page (import code: CMJ212) that replaces the textwindow input with button presses.

Before we start nit-picking at the very minor problems, what else is new and interesting in 0.9?

Friday, June 11, 2010 5:17 AM
    Answerer
  • I get the sam message: The cabinet file simple.cab required for this installation is corrupt and can not be used. ....

Even after a restore before installation of Smal Basic 0.8

Computer System: XP Pro, german

Saturday, June 12, 2010 7:49 PM
  • I also get the message: The cabinet file simple.cab required for this installation is corrupt and can not be used. ....

I uninstalled 0.8 before, and did a restart.

System: Windows 7 Professional, german

Sunday, June 13, 2010 1:29 AM
  • Could you try saving the MSI locally and then try installing again?
    Sunday, June 13, 2010 4:58 AM
  • What's the rationale about changing the type of _savedImage from BitmapImage to BitmapSource ?
    Fremy - Developer in VB.NET, C# and JScript ... - Feel free to try my extension
    Sunday, June 13, 2010 1:07 PM
  • Small bug I noticed :

GraphicsWindow.Show()
    GraphicsWindow.Width = 200
    GraphicsWindow.Height = 200
    GraphicsWindow.CanResize = "False"

The size of the window is modified by the last line, and is no more 200*200 at the end.

Performing the CanResize=False before the resize is a workaround that works.

Sunday, June 13, 2010 3:06 PM
  • Just reviewed at the multiple asynchronous window creations problem, and I noticed two small issues :

private static void CreateWindow()
    {
        lock (_syncLock)
        {
            Invoke(delegate {
                // THERE SHOULD BE A if(_windowCreated) { return; } here
                // The synclock will just slow down the second attempt to create the window, not cancel it
                _window = new Window();
                _windowCreated = true;

And the TextWindow is not protected at all against multiple asynchronous creations

___________________________________________________________________________________

There's also an inconsistency between the behavior of Remove. When we're remving a button, you're
    unregistering the Click event, but you don't do so if we remove a textbox. Normaly, bot are not necessary
    except, maybe, if this prevents the control to be garbage collected, I don't know. Just wanted to report to
    let you know.

Sunday, June 13, 2010 4:09 PM
  • Updated Data extension to 0.9.0.1 . Download http://cid-265d7d5450b0dc8f.office.live.com/self.aspx/Small%20Basic/Data.zip
    Sorry My Bad English
    Sunday, June 13, 2010 5:57 PM
  • What's the rationale about changing the type of _savedImage from BitmapImage to BitmapSource ?

For introducing new imaging APIs (in later versions), like ClipImage and ComposeImage (from shapes), I need this.  These images will either be BitmapImage, RenderTargetBitmap or WriteableBitmaps.
    Sunday, June 13, 2010 6:18 PM
  • Just reviewed at the multiple asynchronous window creations problem, and I noticed two small issues :

private static void CreateWindow()
    {
        lock (_syncLock)
        {
            Invoke(delegate {
                // THERE SHOULD BE A if(_windowCreated) { return; } here
                // The synclock will just slow down the second attempt to create the window, not cancel it
                _window = new Window();
                _windowCreated = true;

And the TextWindow is not protected at all against multiple asynchronous creations

___________________________________________________________________________________

There's also an inconsistency between the behavior of Remove. When we're remving a button, you're
    unregistering the Click event, but you don't do so if we remove a textbox. Normaly, bot are not necessary
    except, maybe, if this prevents the control to be garbage collected, I don't know. Just wanted to report to
    let you know.

Good catches.  I'll review this.
    Sunday, June 13, 2010 6:18 PM

For introducing new imaging APIs (in later versions), like ClipImage and ComposeImage (from shapes), I need this.  These images will either be BitmapImage, RenderTargetBitmap or WriteableBitmaps.

Seems great ! It just took some time to find why the ____ my Drawings object was failing completely with the new version. The problem was in the reflection part where I did retreive the _savedImages to read data from it. Since the type had changed, the module was unable to retreive _savedImage and therefore any manipulation involving this specific object was failing silently :D This is how I discovered the change ;-)

Having SmallBasic supporting painting natively would be an interesting move, since I'm not smart enough to build a draw engine directly using WPF, so I use GDI+ in my extension, which is not as great as a native WPF solution.  I've been impressed by the power of RenderTargetBitmap, for exemple.

Sunday, June 13, 2010 7:05 PM
  • @Vijaye Raji

The file was locally saved, i downloaded the MSI to a different place and tried installation again, same error message.

Today i downloaded it a third time.

I think the problem was Avast Antivirus, after disable the on access scanner it works great.

The only difference between the first and the last try was:

File fron yesterday Windows "say" Publisher unknown.

File from today Windows "say" Publisher Microsoft.

Are there any changes in the MSI?

Thank you for help.

Sunday, June 13, 2010 10:11 PM