How can I view an HTTPS site in Expression Web 4 SuperPreview RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to use Expression Web 4 SuperPreview to inspect a site that has SSL encryption?  As a developer for my company's suite of online secure services, using this tool would be a great advantage but I don't see a way to use it on a site that requires user name and password.  Does anyone know if this can be done?

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 6:56 PM

All replies

• None that I know of. At least, not using SuperPreview, which is s purely static, non-dynamic display comparator. There is an add-in for EW4 called Slapshot (see the Gallery link above) which does allow previewing dynamic elements, but I am not sure if the kind of interactivity you're after would work there, either, particularly if the login system is ASP.NET-based.

You are the only one with a suitable test bed, so if you do decide to give Slapshot a try (worth installing even if it doesn't resolve this particular issue), please come back and report your results, for the archives. Thanks.

cheersm
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:08 PM