Apps Dont seem to want to work

Question

• None of the metro apps work for me. When i open them it goes to a blank green screen then nothing afterwards 

Yes my resolution is 1366X768 and i have the windows 7 drivers

or so it seems......     

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:03 PM

All replies

• what version of windows 8 are you running, x32 bit or x64 bit?  Have you updated and restarted windows 8?  Have you tried to update the drivers in the device list?
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:08 PM
  • what version of windows 8 are you running, x32 bit or x64 bit?  Have you updated and restarted windows 8?  Have you tried to update the drivers in the device list?
    im using 64-Bit and yes i have restarted windows. All the drivers are up to date (9/12/2011)
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:10 PM
  • I am also having this same issue.  Any app goes blank.  They initially worked, and now it randomly stopped working.  Blank green screen, and then goes back to the metro page with a left click.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 6:54 AM
  • I'm getting the same problem. I AM able to run the metro-style Internet explorer and control panel, however. The desktop runs just fine, too. I'm running windows 8 64 bit at 1080-1920. 
    Friday, September 16, 2011 5:13 PM
  • I'm getting the same problem. I AM able to run the metro-style Internet explorer and control panel, however. The desktop runs just fine, too. I'm running windows 8 64 bit at 1080-1920. 

Me too.

But this is a Developer Preview. Bugs are expected.

Friday, September 16, 2011 6:44 PM

Me too.

But this is a Developer Preview. Bugs are expected.

True...it seems like the app is running but then it goes to a green screen. 
    I love testing out very buggy systems. Favorite OS: Windows Whistler. Consoles: Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, Gamecube, PC
    Friday, September 16, 2011 6:46 PM
  • me too...  also, if i create a C# project in VS 11, even just the base application, there are no assembly references and i can seem to locate the ones it is unhappy about (Windows.Foundation, for example)
    http://www.technicalmedia.com
    Friday, September 16, 2011 6:49 PM
  • Did you install any driver manually (most Graphics or network)? If yes, uninstall all of them, restart your system and try again.
    Friday, September 16, 2011 6:49 PM
  • Did you install any driver manually (most Graphics or network)? If yes, uninstall all of them, restart your system and try again.
    I just did a fresh install for windows 8 and i didn't update anything and it still shows a green screen
    I love testing out very buggy systems. Favorite OS: Windows Whistler. Consoles: Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, Gamecube, PC
    Friday, September 16, 2011 6:52 PM
    I just did a fresh install for windows 8 and i didn't update anything and it still shows a green screen

What I did was end the process and restart my system, you said you already restarted your system, so try by changing RPEnabled by Registry in both KKCU and HKLM. Restart your system and enable them again, restart and see what happen.
    Friday, September 16, 2011 6:56 PM